Billing & Payment Options
Credit Card or Electric Check (On-line Only)
If you want to pay with a credit/debit card or e-payment from your bank (checking or savings account), simply click on:
- "Smarthub Pay Now" to simply pay your bill.
- "Smarthub Manage My Account" to view your bill, view payment history, or sign up for e-bill. "Pay Now" payments are posted to your account the next business day.
- All online paymnets have a $3.95 Convenience Fee Charge.
- A single credit card "Pay Now" payment can be made for a maximum payment of $500.00
- There is no maximum payment amount on the e-check payments.
No more buying stamps or late payments! Sign up for bank draft to have your bill drafted out of your checking account each month. Your account will be charged on the due date listed on your bill. To sign up for bank draft, call the cooperative office at 870-853-5212 or 800-281-5212 for more details.
Our levelized billing plan attempts to level your monthly payments each billing period based on a rolling 12-month average which, under normal circumstances, should change your bill only a few dollars each month. Levelized billing is great for those on fixed incomes that don’t want to endure the ups and downs of seasonal electric bills. Please call the cooperative office at 870-853-5212 or 800-281-5212 for details on signing up for levelized billing.
Ashley-Chicot Electric Cooperative is now offering Invoice Groups Billing. Invoice groups are designed for customers that have multiple accounts and would like to receive only one statement. Your statement will have account information on each meter with only one stub that totals all accounts due. If you are interested in or have questions about Invoice Groups Billing, please call our office at 870-853-5212 or 800-281-5212 and we will go over the criteria of eligibility with you.
Visit a Local Office
Visit us during working hours of 8:00 A.M. to 4:30 P.M.to pay your bill at our office in Hamburg at 307 East Jefferson Street located just east of the Ashley County Courthouse. We also have a convenient night drop located to the left of the front door for those times you can't make it before 4:30 P.M. Please bring your statement!
Pay by Mail
You can pay your bill (include your statement) through the United States Postal Service by addressing your envelope to:
Ashley-Chicot Electric Cooperative
P.O. Box 431
Hamburg, AR 71646
We understand that unexpected expenses or circumstances may come our way from time to time. That is why at Ashley-Chicot Electric Cooperative we try to work with our members as much as possible.
If you are experiencing financial hardship, we would like to offer opportunities to help you:
- Call our office at 870-853-5212 or 1-800-281-5212 before the "shut-off date" listed on your bill to arrange a Delayed Payment Agreement. You will be required to pay no more than 1/4 of the overdue bill as the down payment and enter into an agreement to defer the remainder of your bill into equal installment payments with the following 3 months bills.
- *The following customers qualify for an Extended Due Date. Call Ashley-Chicot Electric Cooperative for more information. Certain rules apply.
- *Persons receiving Aid to Families with Dependent Children (AFDC), or Aid to the Aged, Blind and Disabled (AABD);
- *Persons receiving Supplemental Security Income;
- *Persons whose primary sources of income is Social Security or Veterans Administration disability or retirement benefits.
- Visit any of our offices to fill out a form for Sales Tax Exemption. Qualifying low income residential members with total household income of $12,000 or less or business members with tax-exempt status may be exempt from sales tax on the first 500 KWh used each month.
- Contact one of the following agencies for possible Payment Assistance:
SOUTHEASTERN ARKANSAS COMMUNITY ACTION CORPORATION
P.O. Box 312
Warren, AR 71671
Community Action Area Offices:
ASHLEY COUNTY OUTREACH OFFICE
BRADLEY COUNTY OUTREACH OFFICE
CHICOT COUNTY OUTREACH OFFICE
DESHA COUNTY OUTREACH OFFICE
DREW COUNTY OUTREACH OFFICE
For Possible Payment Assistance in Morehouse Parish, Louisiana:
UNION COMMUNITY ACTION ASSOCIATION